Hat-making Workshop - One day make your own hat
Award winning Milliner will hold a one day hat making work shop in her Hong Kong Hat studio
When: Saturday 3rd February 2018
Address: NOELEEN MILLINERY
1137 PACIFIC TRADE CENTRE
2 KAI, HING ROAD
Time: 9 - 5pm with lunch break.
Cost: 1800 HKD
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or what's app +852 68292315 to confirm space available.
After Noeleen confirms your space then proceed to make full payment
to Hsbc account. 023 436025 838 (preferred)
Class held in English
Tea/Coffee provide. Wifi Access - Bring your own lunch, or Mega Box is a short walk.
Class limited to 5 students.
- Introduction to various foundation materials used in hat making and millinery, such as sinamay straw, buckram, felt, fosshape.
- You will Handmould/block your own small hat base with steam on a wooden hat mould.
- Learn stitches commonly used in millinery.
- Use millinery Wire to wire your hat base for strength.
- Depending on foundation material selected if needed you may cover hat base with fabric, lace, netting, or other.
- Finish inside of hat with petersham ribbon sweatband and set millinery elastic and comb for attachment to head.
- Noeleen will demonstrate how to make some decorative trims used in hat making.
- You will decorate and trim your hat using provided material, you will be guided by Noeleen to make your own personal hat design
- You will go home with your own handcrafted millinery creation.
All materials, equipment, trimming/hat decoration provided.
Should you prefer to bring along some embellishments, needles, thimble, small scissor or white foam head/mannequins head. Please do so.